We have been helping our professional services clients who:
· Want innovative, high-quality work completed on their schedule and within their budget limitations;
· Need to manage the company to achieve maximum customer satisfaction and profitability, portfolio and business alignment and responsiveness to change; Need to focus their time working on projects as oppose to doing paperwork;
· Want to manage teams better and deliver projects on time and within budget,whose teams require accurate time, expense, and status reporting as well as resource and skill optimisation;
· Require accurate invoicing, high quality customer service, collaboration and dispute resolution; using a flexible, technologically advanced world leading business solution developed by the world leaders in business software, Microsoft; our most complete Professional Services solutions are catered for.
Registration and Data Entry
· Itemising of project costs, employee hours, materials used,fees incurred by the customer and journalising;
· Remote hours entry over the Internet;
· Creation of project hierarchies.
· By each project or project group, with itemised time and resource costs;
· By sub-project(s) making it possible to have a single project with multiple invoices for different customers;
· Approval procedures for invoices and tracking of pre-payments for applications to future invoices;
· Entry of project costs directly into accounts payable or purchase orders;
· Capture of chartable and non-chartable costs;
· Adjustment of transactions before creating invoice proposals and of invoice proposals prior to final invoicing.
· Break down of time and materials used on projects and assignment of individual hours or items to sub-projects for more detailed control of costs and consumables;
Saving of project structures so that budgets, sub-projects and activities can be copied from previous projects and applied as a template to new projects;
· Scheduling of tasks and allocation of resources and capacity to future tasks.
· Tight integration with general ledger functionality, enabling dimensions to be applied to every transaction in a project;
· Detailed posting profiles so that transactions can be posted to specified ledger accounts according to pre-set criteria.
Inquiry and Reporting
· Extended reporting with load and save capabilities;
· Comparison of project budgets to consumption over a period of time;
· Easy tracing of transaction details for single or group projects.
Large Contract Management
· Management of the finances of fixed-price projects or projects with a mix of fixed-price and time and materials components;
· Multiple options for financial management of fixed-price projects, such as recognising costs and revenue at intervals in profit and loss (P&L) statements as the project progresses or upon project completion;
· Capitalisation of costs of an investment project while in progress and elimination of the WIP value to a fixed asset, a ledger account, or as cost to a new project upon project completion.
Work in Process Projects
· Creation of estimates to control work in process (WIP) based on completed percentage or completed contract;
Periodic matching of cost and revenue in the same ledger period and accrual of revenue on time of the cost; alternatively, movement of the cost to the time of the revenue by posting WIP to cost value or sales value;
· Handling of WIP on time and material, fixed-price and investment projects;
· WIP accounts collecting transactions that don’t affect the profit and loss statement during the course of the project;
Tracking of projects that use WIP accounts and movement of transactions between WIP accounts and P&L accounts in the general ledger.
Project Costs and Performance
Calculation of consumption on individual cost groups, such as hours spent or materials consumed on a given project, subproject, or group of projects.
· Choice of 14 posting principles to apply to internal, time and material and fixed-price projects;
· Setting of controls so that employees can enter data only for categories or projects that are relevant to their jobs.
Find out why some of Australia’s leading Construction Companies are choosing to implement Microsoft Dynamics AX™ with Sable’s Professional Services Team.
Click here to make an appointment.